Moving in the winter might not be on your bucket list. It’s cold, snowy, icy, and can add unwanted stress to a move. Fortunately, plastic moving bins can help you save money and protect your belongings against the elements—and that means an easier and less stressful moving experience! Here is some information about how to use plastic moving boxes for your winter move.
Tips for using plastic moving boxes for your winter move
Even if you’re not a professional packer, you can still use your plastic moving bins effectively during your winter move. Here are a few tips that will help:
- Fill each bin completely. Don’t leave any gaps or voids. If the bin is already heavy, stick some packing paper or a lightweight towel around the packed items to protect them.
- Label every bin with the room and contents to make your life easier when you unpack.
- Make sure that any items that could be damaged by the cold don’t sit outside for too long, even if they’re safely inside a plastic moving box. This includes musical instruments, liquids, cleaning supplies, or medications.
- Clear pathways of ice and snow so that you and your local moving service can safely and quickly move your materials.
- Stash some towels near each doorway to wipe off the bins if they’re set on the ground outside. Keep that ice, snow, and dirt outdoors where it belongs!
When you follow these tips, you can have a great moving experience!
Why are plastic moving boxes better than cardboard for your winter move?
Rental plastic moving boxes are better than cardboard all twelve months of the year. They’re ecofriendly, more cost effective, and are easily cleaned and disinfected. And because plastic moving bins are water resistant and tend to have thicker walls than cardboard boxes, they’re perfect for your winter move.
Moving in the winter can be tough due to unpredictable weather and icy or snowy conditions. However, plastic boxes and containers are a great way to keep your belongings protected against moisture and cold temperatures. Cardboard can get wet and hold onto cold, and you run the risk of a cardboard box’s contents getting wet or freezing. However, their plastic counterparts keep the chill and moisture where it belongs: outside the box.
Plastic moving bins have even more benefits over cardboard for your winter move. Here are a few advantages to keep in mind:
- They’re eco-friendly.
- They’re durable and stackable.
- You can easily access the contents since they don’t require tape—just pop open the interlocking lids.
- The bins will be delivered directly to you and picked up when you’re ready, so there’s no need to drive around town to look for cardboard boxes.
Additionally, when you rent plastic moving boxes, you spend less money on your move and give the planet a helping hand. There’s no downside!
There’s no reason to fight with cardboard and tape. Using plastic moving boxes saves you time, money, and stress! Box Beaters are the premier plastic rental moving boxes. Contact us today to learn how to use plastic moving boxes for your winter move.